|Photo from Becca’s Instagram|
The photo above displays the 4 new products included in the new Champagne Collection created by Becca’s collaboration with Jaclyn Hill. The hype was real and it was insane from my eyes, and rightfully so! Jaclyn Hill is one of my favorite beauty gurus and aside from her mad makeup skills and knowledge, I love how she’s true to herself and follows her own morals and beliefs till the end of the line.
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Creme in Champagne Pop – $38
- Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop – $41
- Champagne Collection Face Palette – $52
- Champagne Collection Eye Palette – $40 (No longer available)
- Jaclyn Hill has been receiving comments/concerns about the formula of the eyeshadows and how they were not as described – instead of being buttery and pigmented, some palettes had chalky eyeshadows – not something that is up to par with Becca’s previous eyeshadows.
- Jaclyn and Becca both discussed this issue and have decided to take the palette out of the Champagne collection – this means the eye palette will not be available to purchase anymore.
- If any consumers are unhappy with the quality of the palette, Sephora will refund your money!
- Why do some of the palettes have poor quality? Supposedly, Becca Cosmetics utilized a different lab to create this particular palette, which in turn lead to this issue. There are some articles such as this that speculate the ingredients used in this palette are similar to those used in a drugstore brand.
So what I was thinking would not be a huge difference in formulation ended up being a drastic different 🙁 The other Becca Eyeshadow palettes are so much more buttery than the one I have. I’m convinced I got a bad batch which really upsets me because this palette would have been a great addition to my beauty arsenal. However, after testing the other palettes out, it just doesn’t seem right to keep this now knowing what true Becca shadows are like. I have returned this palette but I may pick up the original Champagne Pop highlighter at some point since I still haven’t done so. I love Jaclyn Hill to bits but I’m not sure I’d use the face palette but who knows, if it’s still in stock the next time I go to Sephora, I may end up getting it.