ColourPop Cosmetics is a brand that was created in Los Angeles and they’ve grown so large in a short amount of time it seems like! They currently make lip products, eyeliners, blushes, bronzers, and highlighters. This post will focus on ColourPop’s Lippie Stix. If you’re curious about any of their other products – let me know and I’d be happy to share my thoughts!
|Louis Vuitton Holder from Vanity Flair Customs|
ColourPop Lippie Stix are $5 a piece and they currently ship to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Guam, and APO’s. The lippie stix come in various finishes but most of mine are matte. Fun fact: each lippie stix has a matching lippie pencil, which is also $5!
Let’s get onto my swatches:
All five of these are matte finishes and Lumiere and Taurus are part of ColourPop’s collab with Kathleen Lights and Ellarie is, well…Ellarie’s collab with ColourPop! Baewatch is the shade I was hooked on for a good month or so – I used it on a daily – no joke! It is the perfect nude-ish pink on me.
15 ColourPop Lippie Stix may seem excessive to many and a small collection to a few (I’m with the folks on the latter side) but either way, there are still quite a few shades I want to pick up from them!
Let’s talk about some pros and cons before I let you all go!
- Super affordable – at $5 a piece, I can get four to six shades compared to one at Sephora so I appreciate the price point, especially since I can experiment with colors I’m not too confident with without going bankrupt!
- Wide variety of shades/finishes – They have everything from matte, satin, sheer, satin luxe, glossy, and pearlized finishes! They also have numerous shades from super vampy to beautiful nudes!
- They come out with new products/shades often! I’m not kidding, I feel like new collections come out left and right – it’s hard to keep up sometimes (no complaints here tho)!
- Some shades bleed – mainly the darker ones but that’s nothing a lip liner can fix
- Website photos don’t match what they look like in real life. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way and I know a lot of ColourPop products have swatches on different skin tones – which I highly appreciate – but not all of them do. So I highly recommend looking for swatches online before buying any of their products.
- According to Temptalia, these lippie stix have 0.0352 ounces of product while an average lipstick tube has 0.10-0.20 ounces. I know this poses as an issue for some people because you’re technically you would have to buy 3-4 of these to add up to a an average lipstick BUT like Christine mentions in her post, the product size is similar to Bite Beauty’s Lip Crayons and Tarte’s Power Pigments so if you compare it to those, ColourPop lippie stix are definitely more affordable. NEVERTHELESS, the whole “product per ounce” issue doesn’t bother me a bit because I rarely go through a whole lipstick.
I’m not sure this is a con – just an observance. I know a couple of ladies who’ve experienced this as well – but nearly half the boxes my lippie stix/eyeliner/ultra mattes come in in end up completely open when I go to open my package. Luckily, ColourPop packs everything well so none of my products have broke thus far *knock on wood* but I just find it interesting (and annoying at times) that this has occurred so often. I’ve experienced it once or twice with other brands but never as frequently as this.
Anywho, despite the cons and my little vent above, I really adore ColourPop Lippie Stix and I’ll definitely be purchasing more in the near future! I love that they’re so affordable and the numerous diverse shades they create!
What are your thoughts on ColourPop Lippie Stix? Do you have any favorites or any you can recommend to me? I’d love to hear your thoughts!