Liquid lipsticks are one of my favorite beauty products, I have hundreds and will definitely own hundreds more. So naturally, when Lady Burgundy came out with their new line of Matte Lip Creams, I was beyond ecstatic!
Lady Burgundy started off as a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle blog several years ago and since then has created their own line of cosmetics. These lip creams have been in the making for two years and are created with quality ingredients and are home made in Canada. Plus, these babies are cruelty free, always a plus in my book!
Disclaimer: I was sent these lip creams free of charge. This post is not sponsored and there are no referral/affiliate links. As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
Quick Rundown of These Lip Creams
These lip creams are $20 a piece or you can purchase a bundle of these 5 shades for $90 (a savings of $10!); keep in mind there is a limited quantity of these bundles. Lady Burgundy ships worldwide – shipping costs are broken down here.
Here’s a list of ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Octyldocecanol, Polybutene, Silica, Kaolin, Quaternium – 90 Bentonite, Cera Alba, Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbic Acid. May contain (+/-): CI 15850, CI 77742, CI 17200, CI 45410, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, CI 77891, CI 77510.
Amount of product included: 25.3 g / 0.2367 oz (per shade)
For comparisons sake, that’s about 3 times the amount found in Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick and slightly more than the amount found in Tarte’s Lip Paints and Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks.
Lady Burgundy’s stunning logo looks perfect on the boxes, simple yet classy. The actual containers of the lip creams amazed me even more! It’s so unique, I think I’ve only seen it once before. I love the how the black lid pairs with the initials of the brand, definitely simplicity at its finest!
The names of the shades are listed on the top of the lid as well as the bottom of each box.
The shade range goes from nudes to pinks to berries, and there’s even a metallic shade!
- Amelia is a blue toned pink. I’m really picky with pinks but this one is something I could wear daily. I highly recommend this shade if you’re looking for a perfect pink.
- Ella is a nude with hints of pink and mauve. Finding wearable nudes is difficult for me, most tend to wash out my complexion and I end up looking ridiculous. Thankfully more brands are creating shades for more diverse skin tones so it’s a tiny bit easier to find nudes that work for me. This one is one that really works for me. I can see this becoming one of my most used nudes. If you’re have a skin tone similar to mine and are looking for a gorgeous nude, I highly recommend grabbing this shade. If you’re not a skin tone similar to mine, I still recommend grabbing this shade!
- Fenna is the metallic shade in this bundle. It’s described as a deep red meets orangey-brown. I think I’ll be wearing this shade a lot during the fall and during all the Indian festivities coming around! This shade is also recommended to be used as an eyeliner and shadow.
- Imaari is a deep berry shade and ohmygoodness I cannot wait for Fall to rock this shade. Heck, I may just wear it during the Summer because why not?
- Priya is magenta meets pink. I was nervous about this shade but I actually really really love it! It’s a fun shade and I definitely see myself rocking it during the Summer!
These lip creams are really smooth and velvety. I usually find velvet formulas to be a tad thicker and heaver than the watery formulas but I was surprised to find this completely weightless. They take some time to dry down completely matte and they are not transfer proof. Despite that, they stay in place, are insanely comfortable, and are very long wearing. I got at least 8 hours of full coverage wear with these lip creams (probably would have lasted longer if I laid off the chicken wings) and they leave a natural looking tint/stain as they wear off.
I honestly did not think I would love these as much as I do. After trying so many formulas the past few years, it’s difficult to find something new and amazing. Lady Burgundy did just that though! These lip creams are weightless, comfortable, completely matte, and long lasting! Plus the shade range is gorgeous and they will look so flattering on so many different skin tones and I am SO thankful for that. I love when brands create shades that would look beautiful on diverse complexions.
If I had to recommend 2 or 3 shades from these five, I’d 100% say to purchase Ella and Amelia. If you can afford all five, I’d say get all of them because there isn’t a terrible shade or any inconsistencies in the formula. If you’re thinking these are a bit pricey, I am telling you these babies will not disappoint. I personally think they outperform liquid lipsticks you can find at Sephora, Ulta, and department stores.
Let me know your thoughts on these Matte Lip Creams! Do you have a favorite shade?